Membership in the Barbara Pym Society is open to all interested individuals. Annual memberships run from 1 April to 31 March. New memberships taken out between 1 January and 1 April will run until 31 March of the following year.
The aims of the Society are:
- To foster the appreciation and wider knowledge of the life and works of Barbara Pym.
- To secure the preservation of the manuscripts, letters, and memorabilia of Barbara Pym in conjunction with the Bodleian Library.
- To provide a programme of literary events and regular communications concerning the work of Barbara Pym.
- To encourage and support publications and theses on Barbara Pym, her life and work.
Membership entitles you to:
- Receive the Society's semi-annual newsletter Green Leaves and e-mail alerts of Society activities and other items of interest.
- Attend the Annual General Meeting and Dinner at St. Hilda’s College, Oxford.
- Attend the annual North American conference in Boston.
- Participate in all other events and activities organized by the Society.
- Individual: £20 or $30
- Senior (60+) or Student (full-time undergraduate or post-graduate): £12 or $20
- Family (any 2 people at the same address, who will get 1 copy of the newsletter): £27 or $40
- Senior/Student Family (2 people at the same address, 1 copy of the newsletter): £17 or $30
Membership form for the U.K. and E.U.
CLICK HERE to open the form
Membership options for the U.S. and rest of the world
Members living in the United States and elsewhere may pay in U.S. dollars by check or credit card. Checks must be from a U.S. bank; international members should use the credit card option.
Please note: Persons living in the E.U. must use the U.K. membership form and pay in GBP; the North American option does not conform with GDPR data privacy regulations.
We will phone you only if there is a problem, and we never share or sell our membership data.
Pay by check
Complete and then print the form and mail it to the address shown along with your payment in full. We will send you an acknowledgement by email when available.
Pay using a credit or debit card (VISA, MasterCard, AmEx, Discover) or PayPal
Complete the online form with your payment information. You do not need a PayPal account, use the "Guest" option for credit card payments. Your details will be submitted electronically and we will send you an e-mail acknowledgement.