Membership in the Barbara Pym Society is open to all interested individuals. Annual memberships run from 1 April to 31 March. New memberships taken out between 1 January and 1 April will run until 31 March of the following year.
The aims of the Society are:
- To foster the appreciation and wider knowledge of the life and works of Barbara Pym.
- To secure the preservation of the manuscripts, letters, and memorabilia of Barbara Pym in conjunction with the Bodleian Library.
- To provide a programme of literary events and regular communications concerning the work of Barbara Pym.
- To encourage and support publications and theses on Barbara Pym, her life and work.
Membership entitles you to:
- Receive the Society's semi-annual newsletter Green Leaves and e-mail alerts of Society activities and other items of interest.
- Attend the Annual General Meeting and Dinner at St. Hilda’s College, Oxford.
- Attend the annual North American conference in Boston.
- Participate in all other events and activities organized by the Society.